Confirmation is one of three Sacraments of Initation which includes Baptsim and Eucharist.
“Those who have been baptised continue on the path of Christian initiation through the Sacrament of Confirmation. In this way, they receive the Holy Spirit, conforming them more perfectly to Christ and strengthening them so that they may bear witness to Christ for the building up of his body in faith and love.” (Rite of Confirmation, nn. 1-2).
In the Archdiocese of Sydney, Confirmation is received after First Eucharist when the child is in Year Five and Year Six or older. Like Baptism, Confirmation is only received once, whereas Eucharist is received over and over every week.
- Candidates are in year 6 and above at school
- Candidates have been baptised and celebrated their First Reconciliation and First Eucharist. A copy of all celebrated sacraments provided with enrolment form.
Key dates 2023:
- Registration: 24 April (Term 2)
- Parents info session and commitment mass: 20 May, 4pm at Parish Hall
- Confirmation Mass: 28 June at 5.30pm