Welcome to St Brigid’s Parish, Coogee
St Brigid’s parish is a welcoming and faith filled community. We are cared for and supported by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart.
As we move into the future we pray that St Brigid continues to inspire us as we follow the motto of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart
“May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be everywhere loved”.
We have a wonderful parish with long time parishioners and many ministries, such as the catechist program involving parishioners providing scripture classes to Catholic pupils in local public schools. The parish church is located in the heart of Coogee with our primary school, St Brigid’s within walking distance. We recently completed our renovations and are proud of retaining the historical heritage of our church.
We warmly invite you to join us at any of Masses and join us for morning tea after Sunday 9.30am Family Mass, an ideal opportunity to meet others. Our weekly “Bridie” newsletter will keep you updated on parish news and events.
Parish Update July 2020
We welcome you back to St Brigid’s
From Monday 27th July 2020
- Churches in the Archdiocese shall be open but no more than 100 people may attend at once, this applies to private prayers, baptisms funerals, rosary in common, bible study etc.
- Only 100 attendees are permitted at Weddings and 100 at Funerals
- Contact details of all those entering the church must be recorded
- Spatial distancing (at least 1 1/2 from each other, the 4 square meter rule) and hygiene directions observed
- Holy Communion shall be received in the hand
- Those who are unwell or at high risk due to compromised immune or respiratory system must not attend; those over 70 should exercise particularity caution.
- We would strongly encourage you to wear a face mask when attending mass, please bring your own pen when signing in.
Newsletters – we will be adding a weekly newsletter to our website, if you would like us to post you a copy please contact the parish office on
St Mary’s Tower Retreat Centre 2021