Welcome to St Brigid’s Parish, Coogee
St Brigid’s parish is a welcoming and faith filled community. We are cared for and supported by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart.
As we move into the future we pray that St Brigid continues to inspire us as we follow the motto of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart
“May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be everywhere loved”.
We have a wonderful parish with long time parishioners and many ministries, such as the catechist program involving parishioners providing scripture classes to Catholic pupils in local public schools. The parish church is located in the heart of Coogee with our primary school, St Brigid’s within walking distance. We recently completed our renovations and are proud of retaining the historical heritage of our church.
We warmly invite you to join us at any of Masses and join us for morning tea after Sunday 9.30am Family Mass, an ideal opportunity to meet others. Our weekly “Bridie” newsletter will keep you updated on parish news and events.
Parish Update May 2021
- Up to 220 people can attend St Brigid’s Church providing a two square metre rule is observed.
- Up to 300 attendees are permitted at Weddings ,funerals and Baptisms povinding a two square metre rule is observed.
- QR codes are now compulsory – please download the Service NSW app
- Holy Communion shall be received in the hand.
- Singing is now allowed as long as masks are worn and a one person per four square metre rule is observed.
- Those who are unwell or at high risk due to compromised immune or respiratory system must not attend; those over 70 should exercise particularity caution.
- It is now compulsory that face masks are worn inside the church.
- Thank you for your understanding, patience and cooperation as we try to navigate the current challenges.
Newsletters – we will be adding a weekly newsletter to our website, if you would like us to post you a copy please contact the parish office on
St Mary’s Tower Retreat Centre 2021