Welcome to St Brigid’s Parish, Coogee
St Brigid’s parish is a welcoming and faith filled community. We are cared for and supported by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart.
As we move into the future we pray that St Brigid continues to inspire us as we follow the motto of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart
“May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be everywhere loved”.
We have a wonderful parish with long time parishioners and many ministries, such as the catechist program involving parishioners providing scripture classes to Catholic pupils in local public schools. The parish church is located in the heart of Coogee with our primary school, St Brigid’s within walking distance. We recently completed our renovations and are proud of retaining the historical heritage of our church.
We warmly invite you to join us at any of Masses and join us for morning tea after Sunday 9.30am Family Mass, an ideal opportunity to meet others. Our weekly “Bridie” newsletter will keep you updated on parish news and events.
Parish Update January 2021
- From Sunday 3 January, up to 100 people can attend Mass providing a four square metre rule is observed.
- Only 100 attendees are permitted at Weddings, 100 at Funerals and Baptisms
- QR codes are now compulsory – please download the Service NSW app
- Holy Communion shall be received in the hand
- Those who are unwell or at high risk due to compromised immune or respiratory system must not attend; those over 70 should exercise particularity caution.
- It is a NSW Health requirement that anyone attending a church must wear a face mask. Children under the age 12 are exempt from this rule, but are encouraged to wear face masks where practicable.
- Clergy must also wear a mask when meeting people before and after mass, while distributing Holy Communion and while administering other sacraments.
- Thank you for your understanding, patience and cooperation as we try to navigate the current challenges.
Newsletters – we will be adding a weekly newsletter to our website, if you would like us to post you a copy please contact the parish office on
St Mary’s Tower Retreat Centre 2021